Importing data from metering company (Ealyze)

We’re building an integration with a Dutch smart meter data provider (ealyze), from them we typically get the following fields:

For electricity metering we get:

• kwhCons Consumed power over last interval (e.g. 15 mins)
  • kwhProd Equivalent, but energy produced
  • kwhConsreading Cumulative power consumption (meter reading)
  • kwhProdreading Equivalent, but energy produced

For gas usage we get:

• m3Cons Consumption over the last period (e.g. last hour)
  • m3Consreading Cumulative gas user (meter reading)

If I read your JSON spec correctly, you only provide pC_[123] accommodating for power consumption readings, the other fields are all of the more “real time” type measurements. The “interpolation” (i.e. differential) of the measurements will be handled by your system, so I’d probably only post the kwhConsreading in your pC_1 field.

Furthermore, energy production seems not to be catered for at all by your system. Are there plans to implement this in the future?

The gas usage should be posted as a “simple” measurement into Wattics, i.e only containing a ‘value’ field. The issue is the some of my gas meters get me both m3Cons and m3Consreading, but others only get met one or the other. How would you recommend to handle this in order to get consistent data into Wattics?

Hi there!

As you’ve indicated kWh data can be pushed in absolute or interval format. The type can be configured at the time the channel is created in your Wattics dashboard. Negative energy values (generation) pushed via the Wattics API will be converted into positive values. We are working on upgrades to better handle projects/facilities that involve both consumption and generation.

In regards to gas meters, please use the value field in the JSON packet to push their data. Data can be interval or absolute. Again, this can be configured later on.

Let me refer you to: https://www.wattics.com//api#section_7696 for more details.

Please email us at support@wattics.com if you have any additional questions.

The given details can be useful for the users as they can get access to the importing data and the main thing is that the meter should be analyzed through the imported data. The user of the IOS devices can have access to it through the iPad support